... is not all that it's cracked up to be!
There is something about losing your voice that makes you realize exactly how much you talk and how much more difficult it is not to. Through these last two days, I have come to know that I talk a lot. I know, I know. I have already known somewhat, but not this much. I mean, I teach for a living. Talking NON-STOP there carries over into everyday life. Not only that but I have what I like to call a great "teacher voice" which means not only do I talk a lot, but I am very loud. Very. At least that's what Chris and Leslie say. I like to think that I just project very well.
This school year has done a number on my vocalizer. When the year started, I struggled with it for the first two months. Barely making it through on Fridays to recover over the weekend before starting all over again on Monday. Well now, it's back. Or I should say, gone. After only four days back in action, I am left with little to no voice.
So now comes the biggest problem... recovering. Mom always says that the best thing to do is to be quiet. To rest it and give it time to recover. That is SO HARD to do! I want to say something, but shouldn't. I want to yell at the Wii Fit when it doesn't do what I want, but can't. I need to call my barking dog back in the house, but don't. And singing? If I can't sing the bass part, I don't sing at all. I just hope this is the last of the voicelessness. It stinks!
Well, at least Chris isn't complaining!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Silence...
Posted by T. Brodie at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know what would probably help... ;)
I'm not complaining either (hee hee)
Post a Comment