Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Little Things

So Chris just got back last night from Ohio. His first business trip. He was only gone for one night, so I wasn't here too long by myself. For anyone that knows my relationship with my husband, we aren't always the most sensitive or lovey-dovey types towards one another. This trip he suprised me. Just a little, just enough to make me smile.

Clue #1: I asked him jokingly if he bought me anything. With hesitation, he says no.
Clue #2: He told me not to check the account. Not a giveaway there or anything!
Clue #3: He had to check his bag. Said it was "too big".

Little did I know that the space at his feet was occupied by a box. A small, easy to carry, odd shaped box. A certain blue coloring covered it with a distinct logo. One that many parents know and children easily recognize. A place where grown men avoid at all costs, especially being seen alone in with no apparent reason. I wonder what people thought... is it for a kid he was going to see?... his wife?...

He arrived at home right at 9:00. From the darkness down the hallway he came, trying to conceal this box. As he tries to tell me something, I peek behind him. I see it. It's a Build-A-Bear box. Yes. One of those. I get so excited that I hardly hear what he's telling me. I take the box and open it. Inside was a small, golden bear. He got me a teddy bear. No accesories like you see with most bears, but plain and simple. Just like us.

When he goes away for work again, I'll have something in his place. I'm so proud. He'll kill me if he knows I wrote this, but I had to. Not too many people see this side of him, or either of us for that matter. It means the world to me.

P.S.- I named the bear Columbo. He had just returned from Columbus, Ohio. Sounded fitting. I wonder where he'll travel to next?...

8 comments:

Leslie P. said...

After me and James had been dating for a year, he was coming to Jax for Christmas. I told him on the phone that I had made him something for Christmas and he told me he had made me something too. So low and behold on Christmas when we exchanged presents............WE BOTH HAD MADE EACH OTHER BEARS! So sweet! This means you actually have to be nice to Chris now!!! WAY TO GO ;)

Kristi said...

Scott and I are that way too - at least with gifts. Sometimes I wish he were better with gifts... but the ones he gives are so special!

Example: He left a note written on a UPS post it for packages (not much room to write). It simply said, "I love you. Ruth 3:11" It's been on the door for months.

Morgan said...

haha. I have a Build-a-Bear too! One that Tim made me, as embarassed as he was, because the people in front of him was an 8 year old birthday party. But, I have a cute fishing bear. His name is Paul (Tim's middle name) because that's what Tim decided it should be. : )

Leah said...

OK, that is precious!! Good job to Chris. He may not be too lovey dovey, but that was good!

Matt & Lori said...

That's great! I knew Chris could be sweet...and he would kill you if he knew you wrote about it on your blog! ha ha.

Nancy Hood said...

too cute! I'm here to give some love after visiting Heather's page. I had the honor of loving her waaaay back when and have grown to love her even more! congrats on having a hubby that spoils ;)

kari and kijsa said...

That is about the sweetest thing we have read all day- what a great guy!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Kristen said...

That is such a sweet gift. I would have never guessed he was such a sweet gift giver! And Columbo is such an original name!! :)