My goal when I left school this past May was to be ready for the next year in most every way possible. My goal for the summer? Get the room done. I thought I would have it cleared out and furniture in place in June, bedding and decorations done in July. That way, I wouldn't have to think about it when school starts back in August.
Not everything goes to plan. After 4 years of being in this house, our guest room became the "storage" room. And it had SO MUCH STUFF!!! I never really realized how well I can pack things in, and how well everything fit just right into place. Needless to say, it took way longer than I thought, especially since I was not able to do much of it myself.
Our furniture came in at the end of June, but I knew if I started on that project, I wouldn't stop until it was finished. We still had the yard sale left to go. Granted, I didn't wait too long after the yard sale. The next evening, Bobby, Teresa, and Leslie came over to help (a HUGE thank you inserted here!). Three hours later, it was almost done, but still had some left to go. I finished that before Chris came home for lunch to help move things into place.
I love it! It looks absolutely beautiful. To me, anyways. Since it is our only extra room, we have to keep the double bed in there, but I found a cute comforter that matches the colors I'm using. The next project is making bedding and decorations, but I'm taking a small break before I delve into that one. The picture is in my mind, but I'm excited about how it's going to turn out!






2 comments:
I'm so impressed!!! It is really looking good!!
I'm gonna need you to get the bedding done STAT!!! I do like the furniture though :-)
Post a Comment