Thank you, Chris.
There are so many little things that he does for me that I never even recognize or realize. I so often do not think to thank him, but instead, take him for granted. I am just blessed to have him.
Last week was the second week of school. It wasn't a bad week, but there were a few bad moments. So he decided to surprise me.
We headed out of town Friday night and went to...
I had never been before. I was amazed at exactly what was there and the amount of things they had to offer. We stayed at the Mountain Inn and enjoyed the seafood buffet on Friday night. Chris was in heaven. We turned in early, since we had to be up for our 9:00...
Massages! Chris scheduled a couples massage for us that morning. We enjoyed them on our honeymoon four years ago, and I haven't had one since. What a way to start the weekend!
After those were done, we headed back to the hotel to check out. But our day had only begun. Included with our stay was free entrance to the Gardens and bike rentals. I wish you could have seen us riding through the woods. The best part? The bikes had bells that kept us laughing the whole time.

As we rode through the woods, we stopped at the chapel to walk around. The stained glass windows were absolutely beautiful! It was definitely worth stopping to see.

We continued on through the trails and eventually came to the Horticulture Center. I wasn't sure I wanted to stop, but am certainly glad I did. Especially once I realized all the the beautiful plants we would see. With it being the end of summer, I was surprised at what was available. I guess I don't grow these anywhere near my house!

Our last stop proved to be my absolute favorite. We went to the Butterfly Garden. I felt like a little kid in a candy store, or one that stares in amazement at a decorated Christmas tree. I wanted to stay so much longer and take it in, but it was time to head home.

We had the best time. Over all these years and times I have passed that exit on I-85, I never thought a visit there would be so wonderful.
I think it had to do with the time spent with my husband. Thank you so much, Chris. I will never forget this!




1 comments:
What a great surprise! Just what the teacher needed!
Post a Comment