Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

"I Remember..."

I had a former student stop by my room for awhile today. As she went from corner to corner and wall to wall, she stopped occasionally to exclaim, "I remember..." and would move on. Every once in awhile it would turn to "I loved...!" If you picture a sweet, bubbly child with the thickest and fullest hair in the world, that's her.

She stopped and remembered a child from her year that had moved in the middle of it. After searching the class picture and not seeing her, we turned to the yearbook from that year. We spotted her in it, and she said rather fondly, "I loved Little Girl." Mind you, she couldn't even remember Little Girl's name before then.

I turned and chuckled to myself when she sighed and said with all sincerety, "Things sure do change."

She was in my class just two years ago.


1 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

I'm glad you can still see your old students who are in fourth grade! I know they feel better knowing that even though things change, there are special teachers from the past who can help them through the transitions.