I know these things come and go. I always think that it would be neat to do them. At the same time, I do not always take the time to actually follow through, for many reasons. Time. Energy. Feeling boastful. So I figured, I'd do a little at a time so by Thanksgiving, I can truly reflect on all of the things for which I am thankful. I ran a little behind, and got stuck some, but I did it. Many days of thanks, and many blessing to behold.
November 1- I am thankful for the way I was raised, to be able to be the Christian, woman, wife, mother, teacher, and friend that I am. As I work on an application tonight, I see that I have truly been blessed through my past.
November 2- I am thankful for my job. On days like today, the Friday after a busy Halloween week. I'm exhausted but am loving every minute that I am blessed to 1) have a job, 2) be good at my job, 3) love going to work each day, and 4) touch the lives of so many children who don't have the kind of mother at home that I try to be to them.
November 3- I am thankful for friends. In the middle of craziness to help throw a baby shower for my best friend, I am able to stop and reflect upon how lucky I am to have a good church home with good friends who will always go above and beyond a call.
November 4- I am thankful for Bible class teachers. Teachers who molded me growing up, to learn the books of the Bible and to search for passages (in ways that I will always remember). Teachers I have now who inspire me, make me think, challenge me, and give me peace in the middle of my crazy little world. Teachers who take in my little one and share the Bible with him. Albeit, screaming and throwing a fit when it is time for a new class change (sorry, Melissa!), he loves class more than I can tell you.
November 5- I am thankful for Mondays. This means a fresh start to the week. I feel more accomplished on a Monday than any other day of the week, simply because I have had a weekend to prepare for it.
November 6- I am thankful to finally fix my wedding ring. Having gone a few months without it has not seemed right.
November 7- I am thankful for Wednesday night church. This hour in the midst of the week/work load is a breath of fresh air. I am thankful for the ability to teach. Spending time molding minds of the littlest ones takes me out of my regular world and into a new one, without stress, without rushing, and full of smiles and fulfillment.
November 8- I am thankful for insurance, good policies, and doctors. Without each of these, simple procedures would be nearly impossible.
November 9- I am thankful for my husband. I know I should have done this earlier. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. His patience, calm demeanor, and levelheadedness compliment me so well! His strength, wisdom, and guidance are a great blessing. He is a perfect dad. Cutter admires him more than anything else. When I think I need a hand, he is there without fail. I love this man!
November 10- I am thankful for the reminder that not everything is going to go well in life. There will be ups and downs. Regardless, we continue on. Even if your undefeated team loses, there will always be another game.
November 11- I am thankful for Sunday afternoon naps. There is nothing in the world quite like them. Period.
November 12- I am thankful for my country, our freedom, and those who fought and
continue to fight for and protect it. I am thankful for both of my
grandfathers, who served in wars when they were younger. The example of
patriotism they set still carries high regards and awe from me.
November 13- I am thankful for a home daycare. With a small setting, I know my child gets the attention he needs, the love he deserves, and the friends that everyone would like to have. Between Nanny and my mom, I don't have to call the doctor. We have been blessed to have her help raise our son. Since I can't be home daily to do it, I couldn't have picked a better helper.
November 14- I am thankful for weather. Though in Alabama this time of year, you can go from shorts to sweats in a single day, I love it.
November 15- I am thankful for my house. Though up for sale, I love it. I hate the stress of keeping it clean and presentable all the time. I dislike the disappointment that follows a showing and hopeful sale when it doesn't work out. I do not like the idea of leaving my first little house, but am excited to take the next step.
November 16- I am thankful for pizza. Friday night dinners are so easy with a phone and $6.
November 17- I am thankful for traditions with Chris. We have gone to an Alabama game
every year since we started dating. I enjoy this time with him and
wouldn't have it any other way.
November 18- I am thankful to be a mom. To spend the day playing with Little Man, devoted to him and his interests is a great blessing and break from society. To get on his level, expand his horizons, and show him the ways of life is a great honor. He is a smart, healthy, perfect child. I couldn't ask for more.
November 19- I am thankful for a week off of school. This breath of fresh air is a chance for me to unwind, gather myself, and prepare for the next weeks ahead.
November 20- I am thankful for safe travels. To have a child that travel as well as Little Man does is a tremendous blessing. To have a husband who now drives as much as he does is a great help. Granted, it's to avoid having to reach for toys and swap out movies, but nonetheless, it is a great help to me!
November 21- I am thankful for my mom. Today marks the end of her journey with breast cancer. She is officially in recovery. Her positive attitude, example of strength, and faith in God amazes me.
November 22- I am thankful for family and the time we have to spend together. Though spread across the southeast, we pick up right where we left off when we get together. I am also thankful for traditions. Nothing beats canned cranberry sauce, boys doing dishes, and a Thanksgiving Day Parade.
November 23- I am thankful for Black Friday and the fact that I do not go out during it. I have never like crowds and have not found a deal worth putting myself out there for. I will take the comfort of my bed and my sleep over the claustrophobic atmosphere, hyperventilation because there is not a clear way out of the crowd, and impatience from waiting in long lines.
November 24- I am thankful for rivalries. Although I do not always like them, I am glad we have something to support. Married into this, it was an adjustment, but I am so glad to share it with Chris.
November 25- I am thankful for Mexican food. Well, really, more thankful for Chris' love of it. When I don't know what to cook, this is always a great, cheap go-to.
November 26- I am thankful for good deals. I hate window shopping and browsing, so just looking kills me. Luckily, this just looking turned into a great deal when Chris gets 1/2 off a pair of shoes. THAT make a happy me!
November 27- I am thankful for our family doctor. I am glad to have someone to go see regularly, to keep one record of our health. Who looks closely at you, instead of throwing prescriptions your way.
November 28- I am thankful for our pediatrician. He is absolutely wonderful. He takes time to let me child warmup to him, makes him feel comfortable with him, and talks to him before starting with me. I love that. I'm also thankful for steroids, humidifiers, and making the decision to go to the doctor when we did so that the croup was only mild instead of full-blown and scary.
November 29- I am thankful for field trips. Though they are stressful and somewhat chaotic, I love the opportunity to teach outside of four walls. I am thankful to give some children experiences they wouldn't have otherwise.
November 30- I am thankful to have the time to think and reflect on our many blessings. Without realizing how blessed we are, I would not be able to appreciate life fully and understand where we stand in this world. I am blessed beyond measure each day in more ways that I can name.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Days of Thanks
Posted by T. Brodie at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment