Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Getaway

We decided that over Labor Day weekend, we would take one last trip as "just the two of us." That, and one before I have to stick around town. Sure, we know we'll go on trips together again, but it won't be the same: having to pack Cutter up and ship him off somewhere. (Not that I'll mind or anything.)

We left Friday, after Chris had just driven back into town from trial hours away. A quick and successful stop at Sikes and Kohn and we were off. We got there, got to the room, and crashed. Chris had us booked at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.

We spent Saturday and Sunday at the beach. Saturday followed by the Alabama game and Sunday followed by shopping at the outlet malls and lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sunday evening we went to Poppy's, there at the resort and enjoyed a beautiful sunset while eating dinner. Upon returning to the room, I discovered that my right hand had swelled. Not my feet, not my hands. Just the right one. So, we went down for a soak in the pool. Yes, the pool. It felt great!
We started making our way back on Monday and were able to take our time driving. We had the most relaxing and laid back weekend, one which I think we both needed and were very grateful for. I can't wait until Cutter gets here, but I can't wait for another weekend like this one!

This was the ONLY picture we took together this weekend!

0 comments: