Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Testing

I have an appointment coming up this Thursday. At the last one, my doctor told me that we would be discussing genetic testing at this one in case I wanted to go ahead and get some thoughts or questions together. I haven't thought about it much, until today.

Chris had done a little research online, just to see a little about it. I hadn't. I asked some good friends at school if they did it, just to get ideas and feedback. Their responses? Definitely gave me something to think about, a perspective which I had not considered at all so far.

Why would I do it? What would be the benefit to doing it? To find out if there is something wrong with my child? A lot of the time, these tests give a false positive. Some of the time, they do not detect anything that is there. There is a possibility of miscarriage from the testing. All for what? For worry? Not here. Not me. Not anymore.

It will not change the fact that I love my child already, that this child will be one of the most loved and cared for children in the world. Whether there is something there or not, that will not change the fact that my child will come welcomed into this world with open arms. I cannot and will not let the single chance of life's possibilities ruin this God-given experience for me. I take it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly (hopefully, mine will not be either of the last two!)

I have 27 weeks left to prepare myself for this gift. I have a lifetime to enjoy it.

So unless there is anyone with a perspective I have yet to consider, I head toward another appointment with another questionless agenda. I might need to come up with something better than the purpose of maternity underwear and whether or not I really need to wear it. Yes, I really did ask this one last time!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

I love the fact that I get to be a part of your kid's life. And yes, your child will be one of the most loved and cared for child, no matter what might or might not happen. And most of all, I love you.

Morgan said...

So here is an example of a diapers deal for you. Target has Huggies Jumbo packs for $8.99 and if you buy 3, you get a $5 Target gift card. There are $1.50 off coupons. So, really, you could buy 3 packages of Huggies jumbo for $17.47so less than $6 a package...great deal! Anyways, do you want me to send you diaper coupons? I have some but don't know how early you plan on stocking up since the coupons expire in May....I also get formula and so forth....

Sweet Home Alabama said...

Cute post. Your sweet baby will be beautiful!

Sweet Home Alabama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

"Lifetime to enjoy it!" What wonderful words!

Louise said...

It was tricky to think about, but we decided not to. We figured that even if there was something there, we would just worry about it for the rest of the pregnancy, but in the end it would all be the same...we would have a baby! Didn't change the end result so we opted out. Just so long as you feel good about what you do, you've made the right choice! (Or at least I think so!!) :)
And, I LOVE the fact that you asked about maternity underwear!!! :)

Morgan said...

Don't judge. Not cool. : )

I WILL come visit you. And I will take some photos for you. No gross ones though, k? Anyways, LOVE you and your growing little shrimp.