It started seven years ago...
It was our first Valentine's Day together. Chris was reminded that very day from friends at work that it was Valentine's Day, and asked what he had planned for me. Planned? He didn't even remember that it was that very day. So, from that unplanned event, we formed the very most special tradition that we have...

... I remember it still...
... a card, one rose still in the plastic, and the Steak-Out eaten off of an ironing board in his apartment.
The next year, we made plans again. Jokingly, but hopefully, I asked if I would get two roses and Steak-Out. I did. This time he added in a cookie cake. The third year? Three roses and Steak-Out. It was the summer after that Valentine's that we got married. In order to keep from being confused, he started back over at one. This year, I received four roses and Steak-Out.
It is the one thing that I look forward to most every year. It's not a big display, it's not a fancy event. It's the two of us, together, doing something that we started years ago. We don't eat Steak-Out except for very special occasions. We don't do a big Christmas, we have family at Thanksgiving. This is something that means a lot to me, and I am so glad that his forgetfulness long ago turned into the most meaningful memories for me. Thank you, Chris, and I love you!
P.S.- Wait until 50 years... Start saving!
It was our first Valentine's Day together. Chris was reminded that very day from friends at work that it was Valentine's Day, and asked what he had planned for me. Planned? He didn't even remember that it was that very day. So, from that unplanned event, we formed the very most special tradition that we have...

... I remember it still...
... a card, one rose still in the plastic, and the Steak-Out eaten off of an ironing board in his apartment.
The next year, we made plans again. Jokingly, but hopefully, I asked if I would get two roses and Steak-Out. I did. This time he added in a cookie cake. The third year? Three roses and Steak-Out. It was the summer after that Valentine's that we got married. In order to keep from being confused, he started back over at one. This year, I received four roses and Steak-Out.
It is the one thing that I look forward to most every year. It's not a big display, it's not a fancy event. It's the two of us, together, doing something that we started years ago. We don't eat Steak-Out except for very special occasions. We don't do a big Christmas, we have family at Thanksgiving. This is something that means a lot to me, and I am so glad that his forgetfulness long ago turned into the most meaningful memories for me. Thank you, Chris, and I love you!
P.S.- Wait until 50 years... Start saving!



3 comments:
Precious tradition!! How very sweet!
That is so sweet. Yes, he better start saving up for those "later" years...that's going to be a bit expensive :)
How FUN!!! :)
Post a Comment