So I mustered up enough courage to tell my kids. After morning announcements, I got their attention. All eyes were on me.
I took a deep breath and quickly stated:
"The hermit crab died yesterday. You know his cage has been gone for a few days. He wasn't feeling well and got old and passed away. Mr. Holley and I buried him this morning, so we will no longer have a pet."
All eyes were still on me. So I said, "Get back to work."
Little Boy in front of me shrugged his shoulders and returned to his morning work.
Then it happened. One hand raised in the air. I gulped, took a breath, and called on him.
"So, what is the pet person going to do now?"
That was it. He just wanted to know what his classroom job was, now that there was no pet. Problem solvied, crisis averted. And we're moving on.
Oh yeah, "buried" meant that we put him in the zip-lock bag with the sand from his cage so I couldn't see him as he was carried to the trash can outside.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Problem Solved
Posted by T. Brodie at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment