Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One and One-Fourth

We are fifteen months old now! I can't believe it. I kind of stopped doing the monthly updates, since we've gotten so busy. But there is still so much to share! 15 months means 15 things...



~ We are walking now! Little Man took his first steps two days before Christmas. Away from me and towards his new Radio Flyer wagon. Since then, we're walking most of the time. He just figured out the other day how to stand on his own. He doesn't have to pull up anymore to get going.

~ Walking now means climbing as well. He can climb on (and off) the stage in our church's fellowship hall. He climbed into his wagon the other night. For the first time, he climbed ONTO OUR BED tonight! See the picture above? He climbed into the tub. Clothes and all! I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this monkey!
~ "Beep Beep!" He likes those words, because when he hears them, he'll hit the horn and laugh. He knows "Done", "Bite", "Sip", "Go get", "Rush", "Mama", "Dada", "Bath", "Hug", "Kiss", "No" and responds to them as well as others I can't think of right now. He can repeat many words spoken to him, and recognizes many names and associates with those around him most often.
~ He knows "ByeBye" and will start waving at you, if you're lucky. It's not an everyday thing. Just when he's in the mood. He LOVES to give hi-fives. Before he leaves school, he gives everyone a couple of them.
~ Speaking of school, he cracks me up when I get there! Here lately, I walk in the door and he clenches his arms and fists and lets out the loudest, high-pitched squeal! He is so excited to see me, and that makes me happy. Once he gets to me, he is ready to GO! He knows that once we start saying "ByeBye", he's about to leave. And he reaches and strains to get out the door. He gets mad if I don't leave quick enough!
~ This kid is so silly! He loves to clap for himself, run his fingers over his lips to make the "b-b-b-b-b-b-b" sound, and often does these while sitting alone.
~ He LOVES a lion! He sleeps with one every night. If you ask him what one says, he'll immediately growl at you. Going to sleep is easy. He grabs his stuffed lion or elephant, and a blanket, throws them over his face, and passes out. He sleeps around 12 hours a night, and in on Saturday mornings when we're lucky! He'll throw his things out of his crib if we take too long, but will throw them into his crib if he grabs them as we pick him up.
~ He loves to pick things up and put them back. Anything with containers and pieces, shelves, or buckets. He loves it! I can cook dinner while he takes his magnetic letters and puts them in and out of a metal mixing bowl. A LOUD activity but will last him forever! I've found things in his trash can that he puts there. We have to now keep the bathroom doors closed, for fear of his discovery of the toilets!
~ Speaking of picking things... He's good at using his fingers too! He can gather a ton of things into his hands, and hold onto them as he's on the move. Before, he'd put it in his mouth and crawl! He amazes me at how he can figure out what to do and how to work his fingers to accomplish it.
~ Have I mentioned that he loves to eat? This particular evening, he turned up the plate to let the last of his food slide into his mouth. Then, proceeded to balance the plate on his head. A chunky little comedian! Along with eating, he now LOVES to share. When you hear a loud "Aaaaaaaaaa", you know a little hand is trying to get something to you. I've had a good share of goldfish, fruit, crackers, and cheese balls. How sweet, until he tries to share something that I don't like. :)
~ He loves Piper and his friends! You can call them by name, and he'll start looking around for them. He has buddies at daycare and church, and I promise he tries to talk about them as we're on our way home!
~ He loves Bible class. He moved up to the next class in November. It took awhile to get used to it- two months of Sunday morning and Wednesday night screamings until he adjusted. I think it was his New Year's resolution to go to class without crying. Now he does just fine!
~ He and Rush are becomming buddies. Rush hangs around him a bit more. Closer than before, but I'm not sure if he's just curious or thinks food is not far away. He laughs at Rush when he's on a barking sprint. He helps me gives Rush treats, and actually reached and yelled for me to get him another one today. Pretty much, he holds it out then throws it on the ground. Sometimes, he'll hold it long enough for Rush to get it out of his hands.
~ Look closely, and you might see some teeth through there. Kinda hard not to, when he's got 14 of them and two more on the verge of busting through! We've been working on these last ones for awhile now, and they sure are boogers! He still has a cute little gap between the top two middle ones. Not like Michael Strahan, but a little one that makes me smile.
~ Hair. His grows SO FAST! He had his first cut right after his first birthday. Just a trim around the edges. It had lost the mohawk look, and transformed more into a mullet, so that had to go. He recently got his second haircut. I did it! I was nervous, but knew if I distracted him and worked quickly, it would be fine. Needless to say, dad's lap, a dum-dum, and candy cane later and we were finished and in the bathtub to play. He looks like a little man with his big boy cut!
This little one definitely keeps us on our toes! I love every moment and cannot believe how time if flying. Pretty soon, he'll be walking down the hall on his first day of kindergarten!

0 comments: