Lilypie tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby Prayers

While hanging out after church Wednesday night, my favorite 3 year old decided she wanted to talk about the baby. I showed her how big it is now. Then, she proceeded with questions and comments, all her own, of course...

"Will it come out of your foot?"

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I want it to be a girl. That way I can give her these pink shoes I can't wear anymore."

"How much longer will it be?"

"Can I hold it?"

My favorite though, gives the reason for this post:

"Do you pray for the baby?"

This question came from one of her Bible stories, where Hannah prayed for a baby. From there, she decided we should say a prayer for it. She wanted me to, but we talked her into doing it. From here on, I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing aloud, but it truly was one of the sweetest, most thoughtful prayers I've heard from a 3 year old. And long too, as she walked around the living room! Unfortunately, I cannot remember all of it, but this is just a BRIEF summary...

"Dear God, We want to pray for Taryn's baby, because this is how we talk to God. She wants a baby and I hope it is a baby girl so I can give her these pink shoes so she can wear them when she gets bigger. Please help Taryn as she decides whether she wants a girl baby or a boy baby. And help it grow bigger and bigger. Amen. I mean, in Jesus' name, Amen."

I love it! I can only hope that my little one is as hilarious, sweet and caring as she is...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, how sweet! It's amazing how children, especially little girls react to those of us who are expecting! I've had little girls put their ears up to my belly and little boys sit down next to me and say, "Whoa...that's a big belly!" Takes me back to when I was a little girl and how magical seeing pregnant ladies was to me.

T. Brodie said...

I like the funny ones too... when I told my kids at school, most of them had already figured it out. I told them it would still be awhile, and a boy said, with his arms held out in front of him, "Yeah, you'll get big, like you just ate two oompa-loompas."