So in the midst of a wild and crazy summer, Chris and I took a much needed break to the beach this past weekend. Not only to wind down, but to rest and prep for what's still to come. We enjoyed just laying on the beach, reading and catching some rays. Well, just enough to keep from burning.
I have a cute new bathing suit for the summer. Very cute. Green with white polka dots cute. I was wearing said bathing suit when the most unfortunate occured. I'm not sure what category it would fall under: comedy, horror, drama, or romance. Just know that it was only something that would be seen in a movie. Or a comic strip. Or a greeting card.
We had just come out of the ocean. I bent over to get more sunscreen out of the bag when I heard the most alarming sound. No, the bottoms did not split. Even better. The plastic piece that holds the top together broke. And I don't mean just a little piece. I mean the entire thing. Broke completely in half. The noise I heard? That was the sound of my entire bathing suit top snapping off and around to the front of my body, hanging. NOT ON ME.
The next thing I knew, I was grabbing a hold of everything I could and flopped down into the beach chair. All of this happened within a total of two seconds. I looked around, still holding. I froze, mouth hanging wide open. Once I gathered myself, I realized that my suit was twisted. There was no way it would cover anything until I untangled it. So, with Chris standing nearby blocking views and laughing the whole time, I untwisted it and was able to rig it in the back so that it stayed in place.
For the first time ever, we had packed extra suits in the car. So, there I am, broken bathing suit and changing in the car. No bathrooms around and I WASN'T about to change in the port-a-potty. Once I wiggled into my new suit, I made it back onto the beach. Ever so hesitant to bend over for more sunscreen.
Only to me. Only in a movie. I only wonder where the cameras were!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Beach Bloopers
Posted by T. Brodie at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love it and I am sitting here cracking up!!!! :) Thanks for the laugh but sorry it happened!!!
Brings new meaning to the phrase, "peek a boo"
Oh my! You crazy girl...I think this same thing happened to my mom last time we were at the beach. FUNNY!!!
Post a Comment